UNSOLVED CASE: Dylan Koshman (2008) – Edmonton, AB

Follow us on Youtube for more Canadian True Crime content

Dylan Koshman disappeared, and hasn’t been seen since, after a fight with roommates in 2008.

The now 12 years old missing person cold case in Edmonton was upgraded to a homicide investigation in 2017.

Koshman, who was last seen on Thanksgiving weekend in October 2008, had moved from Moose Jaw, Saskatcheway, to Edmonton six months earlier to work as a pipefitter.

He had moved in with his two older first cousins, brothers Nick Koshman and Colin Demasson, who were renting a house on the south side of Edmonton.

On Thanksgiving weekend, Dylan was feeling homesick. He invited another first cousin from Moose Jaw — Cameron Koshman — to visit.

Colin gave a statement to police when he arrived home in the morning of Saturday, Oct 11, 2008, “I confronted them [Dylan and Cameron] and told them to leave. We argued and a fight/wrestling match broke out.”

Colin Demasson witness statement, written 5 days after Dylan had vanished

Colin also wrote that after the wrestling match he continued to fight with Dylan and told him to “get out, he didn’t live here anymore. Come back and get his stuff later. He left out the back.”

Apparently, this was the last time Colin says he saw Dylan, who mysteriously disappeared after Oct. 11, 2008.

Colin’s brother Nick wrote his own 9 page version of what took place, several days after Dylan went missing. He did this after his aunt asked him to, so hat he wouldn’t forget anything.

Nick wrote that he allegedly heard Dylan and Cameron planning on fighting with Colin when he returned home and he texted Colin to give him the heads up.

When Colin arrived home, he and Dylan “went at it, pushing each other around. They make it to the floor and Dylan’s been throwing punches and Colin looked like he was going more to restrain Dylan rather than hurt him.”

Nick also said that he turned around for a moment “to get a drink and when I came back to see, Dylan had left and Colin said he went out the back.”

Dylan Koshman

Cameron’s, version was that after Dylan was kicked out of the house, he quickly grabbed his things from Dylan’s bedroom in the basement and went out the same door that Dylan left from.

Cameron’s phone records show that someone used Dylan’s phone to call Cameron at 3:30 a.m multiple times in the span of one minute.

Cameron says he missed all the calls because he was attempted to call 911 to report that he was hiding from Colin, whom he alleges was trying to beat him up.

At least two other neighbors called 911 that evening to report a fight, which by this time had moved from inside the house to the front lawn.

Colin, Cameron, Nick and his girlfriend have been questioned by the police.

In 2017, staff sergeant Bill Clark of the homicide division reviewed the case file.

After reviewing the case, Clark agreed to have it transferred to the homicide department.

Clark says he doesn’t believe some of the individuals the Edmonton police interviewed have been upfront with police.

Clark believes Dylan was killed the night he went missing. “Can I prove it yet? No. Will I prove it? I hope so. I do believe we will.”

If you have information on this case, please contact any of the following:

Edmonton Police Service: 780-423-4567
Reference Case#: CA08136304

Crime Stoppers: 1-800-222-TIPS(8477) or online at https://www.canadiancrimestoppers.org/tips
Crime Stoppers provides anonymous tipping